At Whisperingtree.net, we understand that choosing a stone or piece of jewelry containing one often goes far beyond your favorite color or what fits with your wardrobe. If you have been learning about the seven chakras, you know that gemstones can often play a role. We are happy to help you with selection based on what you wish to accomplish, but we thought we’d also share a handy guide about stones and colors related to specific goals that could also be helpful.
- Inspiration and creativity- Orange stones such as carnelian, orange calcite and sunstone, can help us with our gut connection to our creativity and are typically linked to the second chakra. For heavenly inspiration and to help clear the mind, purple/violet stones such as amethyst, purple fluorite or tanzanite might be a good match. It is not only artists who can benefit from a creativity boost, as most of us can lead a more enriched life with a bit of inspiration.
- Relationships- Choose green or pink stones which represent the two sides of the heart. Some excellent stones would be kunzite, rose quartz and rhodonite for the pinks, and green garnet, emerald (non-gemstone quality emeralds are very cost effective), aventurine and chrysoprase. All of these stones will help to balance the heart and support love, sincerity, and other emotions necessary for healthy relationships.
- Success- Yellow stones which frequently connect to the third chakra, or will center, are usually a great choice here. Citrine, of course, is well-known and is a warm and friendly helper, but make sure you go for natural citrine, which has a golden brown color, instead of heat treated amethyst, which produces the more vibrant yellow often sold as citrine. Other yellow stones that are great success partners are pyrite and rutilated quartz to provide support in your professional endeavors. Benefits include communication, creativity, strength, determination, confidence, and empowerment. A couple of non-yellow stones that are also a great fit for success include green peridot, which will support growth, and larimar, which assists in breaking down self-imposed blocks.
- Energy- Choose red or black stones, which often connect to the root chakra, such as red garnet, smoky quartz, red jasper, black onyx, and hermatite for energy, stability, protection, and grounding.
- Communication-Choose blue and blue-green stones, such as fluorite, lapis lazuli, sodalite, aquamarine, angelite and apatite. These typically connect to the throat chakra and can assist us in clear communications for everything from marketing a product to preventing misunderstandings with family, friends and spouses.
Visit us at Whisperingtree.net to see what stones we might have available in rough or in jewelry form!